FAST Legal Advisory Group Meeting Sept 16
Guests will have the opportunity to engage with leading experts to discuss the topic of “second hand” software. The session will address, from a business-exec perspective, the ramifications of the used software decisions & their impact on the perpetual software business model including IP enforcement.
- Richard Atkinson, Senior Director, Global Piracy Conversion, Adobe systems Inc.
- The changes in software licensing driven by court decisions on second hand software.
- Why these considerations are fundamental for anyone selling/distributing perpetual software
- The ramifications for typical terms associated with software resale;
- educational restrictions, and,
- software enterprise-bundle restrictions.
- Allen Dixon, Managing Director, International Intellectual Property & Technology Consulting (IIPTC), London
- Legal aspects on the distribution right & exhaustion
- Used Software cases
- Competition law angle
- Summary of where we are now with the law
- Query any Brexit affect?
*To register to attend, please send an email to Sarah.Gray@fast.org.* Please note that places are subject to confirmation of a current FAST membership being in place at the date of the meeting.
Please use Black Rod's Garden Entrance at the opposite end to Big Ben of the Palace building at 18:30hrs where we will be ushered through. Proceedings commence at 19:00hrs. Wine and nibbles available during the meeting ending at 21:00hrs.
Strictly Chatham House Rules.
We look forward to receiving your registration request.